Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sending you Love

I wanted a whimsical, sparkly card to go with this pretty angel image from American Art Stamp. The main image was colored with Copics. The angel wings were painted with Blue/Green Pearl-Ex and Future floor wax. I keep a little babyfood jar of Future Brand floor wax (available in the cleaning section of most stores) in my studio for little details like this. Simply dip a paint brush into the floor wax, then dip just the tip into Pearl Ex powder and paint it as you would normal paint. Just make sure to clean the brush with soap and water when you're done because it will harden.


The flourish at the bottom is from a package of grunge board. I inked it with Aqua Mist Palette ink. Then colored it with glue pen then sprinkled it with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I added a half a scalloped oval punch with a sentiment at the bottom and dots of stickles along the edges. I have a hard time letting such a wide open space stay uncluttered!!